To Know

6/12/2011

Shining Moments


Cheerleading is love.
Being an athlete makes me proud of who I am today. 

We got a bunch of promising new members to our squad in the begging of the week and we went to a day camp with an American coach, Tomek.

As a team member I'm the one who wants to train hard and is one of the most enthusiastic kinds, but things - even easy ones - don't work with me such as basket tosses or tuck tosses, I'm tiny but I dont fly high and tuck tosses go wrong though there's not much to fail....

Words of the day camp were: Timing, tight, control and clean.

Also I fixed my toss positions, and now basket tosses aren't a sucky thing anymore - they are FUN! <3 
We did some X-twist tosses and , oh god looove :3 If I must Must mention favorite thing among basket tosses they are either 180 toe touches or now... The X twist. And something about the new bases:  THEY HAVE POWER!
On our break some of us made bows and some of us swam. I really wished to have a weekend camp or so in that place! 
On our last training we had tumbling. Usually I think tumbling is lame cause I can't do much, so it's mostly warming up and doing round offs, and handsprings where I feel I dont do much cause I use spots.
   This time was different... Insane. 
We practiced corner passing with round-offs, with was fun and new, and we got it at once!! 
Also we corrected our round-offs, didn't know there so much to do....
Tomek asked how many of us does a handspring - only one hand was raised of 21.
But actually handsprings were like a super surprise no one could have guessed!!  - actually a camp gift for the team.

For example Nella, she is one of the sweetest and intelligent girls I ever known had an kind of a phobia with doing a handspring this whole winter..... and now she does it by herself, a very clean and powerful one.
Speaking of the powerful, also Marika is doing nice job by doing her handspring by her own!! An ME!!
..and Essi, Heli, Varpu, Wilma and the new girls I dont yet remember!!! So handfull of handsprings!!! YAY!
...which were made true jus tless than in a hour!

If you have practiced for year for something it must be between in your ears if you cant make it by your own.
I bet  every cheerleader dreams about being the one who does a tumbling-sequence which makes everybody scream! 
Nella inspired me a lot, she made it - and it so made me believe on myself and I didn't really want to fall behind either. And with Marika ... really I cant say whom of us was more enjoyd to have the courage now!!

... And it was still going on at todays practice.

Also one sfacet to thank is our coaches of course. Usually I feel the whole cheer club is like "you must master the basics first" yada yada. But now I have a feeling that our coaches pushes us to see  all the potential in us!
 I was doing my round-off and one of our coaches yelled something to me with a heavy tone- automatically I thought she told me to concentrate on my handspring but no. It was that " Do a round-off handspring now" - which I really love cause they are much fun to do than a round-off and a handspring separated.
They really encourage us to do more advanced things and are supportive when trying, cause every one is giving 100%

...I can't really wait for our next practice!!! 

At this up coming week I also have an tumbling camp and I'm sooooo looking forward to it!
I LOVE MY TEAM!!! I LOVE GENIES!!! I LOVE GOLDEN SPIRIT!!!

I have huge dreams and now I feel I need to jump a little higher, and I go to believe on myself caus eI'm going to jump with my own feet!!!

I want to learn the double twist, tumbling sequences do higher and cleaner jumpsss!!!!





It's less than a week to Defqon and I don't look anything near what I wished but.... well actually there's no good reason for being kind of chubby... If I'll skip proper meals my mucles ache = makes me grumpy.
But I have bigger thighs than my bf -____________- 


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

kewl pika-pika